Thursday, May 31, 2012

I am my mother's daughter

An awfully outdated post... but Mother's Day this year was finally different. Not just the usual dinner and ang pau... but real precious mother-daughter time away from everything. Being a mother is a full-time job... like 24hr, 7days/week, 53weeks/year. No break... no time off. So, being away from the family and the home is sort of a break... I said sort of because, even then, all the way in Taipei... she is still my mother. I am glad to finally spend that quality time with her; exploring foreign places, walking helluva a lot, explore new food, shopping and pillow talk every night for a week. It was nice... sometimes you don't realize that you don't take the time to get to know a person better just because that person is there, everyday. 

I sure hope mom enjoyed her Mother's Day this year with me... I certainly enjoyed it with her. :-)










No comments: