Friday, February 06, 2015

Ironwoman

Not quite what I had in mind
Just read the story of Choo Ling Er, and I feel super inspired to train for a triathlon now. It's so going onto my Wishlist or Resolution or something along those lines! I haven't even completed a full marathon yet and I wanna do a  Triathlon. Hhmmm... deathwish? But, sometimes we should just allow ourselves to be inspired to do stupid crazy things. Being cynical and skeptical in the name of pragmatism may prevent any down moments of disappointments, but it will also prevent the high moments of achieving the crazy stuff. A straight line is not living k, you need both the ups and the downs... just like the ECG of a living person.

I've checked it out. The Malaysian event is too soon and clashes with my rehearsals and my show in early May, plus I don't know how to lug my bicycle all the way to Terengganu. But, the Singapore one... is in July. And, unlike the Malaysian competition, they provide bike rentals. And, they have the Sprint Distance competition to cater for beginners. And, that gives me 6 solid months to train. 

Should I?? 


25-26 July, Singapore


No comments: