Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The house-hunt

Since I have a few weekends of total freedom from my MBA, Al and I have been going around house-hunting. Looking at place after place. Indeed house-hunting is a very very difficult task when you are on a budget. We looked at mostly apartments and condos coz unless we are willing to stay far far away from civilization,(which we both do not want) we can't afford a landed place.

One place that I pretty liked was this Townhouse place in OUG. Close to my office and to civilization!! The neighbourhood is gated and guarded as well... yet maintenance fees are reasonable. :)

The houses look a bit old but nothing a fresh coat of paint cannot fix.


The neighbourhood is nice, peaceful and quiet.


Landscaping nicely maintained.


There's a pool right in the middle and a community hall thingy.


Alas!! We saw this sign on the way in...


No doggies and kitties for me??? Later while going around the neighbourhood I saw a girl bathing her dog!! Also, we saw strays-a-plenty!

Can always catnap or dognap one of 'em strays and make 'em my own. ;)

That wasn't the biggest problem. The biggest problem is, that because the developer has gone bankrupt (stupid irresponsible MBF!!) and the land title is not out... the banks will not give out a loan for this development. :(

Sigh...
Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

No comments: