Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Royal Appointment

No, I do not have any appointments with any royalties... but I have been cast as a queen in the next edition of The Platform at KLPAC, in July 2011 in a play entitled Shevat by Alissa Roslan.

Why is being in a 15min play so exciting to me? Other than getting to play a mythical immortal royalty and the lead... this is my very first real acting role!!! No singing or dancing involved. :) I've always ranked my talents as 1. Singing, 2. Dancing and 3. Acting... so acting is the last of the 3. It will definitely require more practice, effort and time for me to embrace the essence of this character but I am sure it will be well worth the effort. Me?? An actress?? *_*

Look out world... here comes Karynn the actress, and here comes Ashalia the queen.


Date: 4th July 2011
Venue: Indicine, KL Performing Arts Centre, Sentul
Time: 8.30pm
Tickets: Free admission
(we artists are not the most practical people around, we even work for free... :p)
It will be a collection of 7 short plays.

Do come!! Watch and support us budding performance arts folks... brand spanking new writers, directors and actors alike. Since we are newbies, please do let us know what you think... we will appreciate the grind that will help us become better performers!! See you there!!! :D :D :D

1 comment:

Leonora Halim said...

yayy!!! enjoy dear..... :)