Monday, December 19, 2011

A day in the life of a Malaysian Girl

My day started out pretty normal... wake up at 7am, drive through the traffic jam, get to the office, do some paperwork....*yawn* not exactly blogworthy stuff. But as mid-day approaches, I zoom-zoomed off from the office to Sunway Pyramid in time for my totally overdue mani-pedi appointment. The girl was pretty slow but hey, beauty takes time!!

Pretty nails all done!
Beauty takes time!
I was happy to finally get my nails done properly as I had to perform with my DIY ugly albeit glittery nails since Opening Night on 10th. Pretty mauve!! Unfortunately, none of my Malaysian Girls costumer were purple.

Since I had skipped lunch to do my nails, I had a nice filling tea-break instead!! Had a healthy leafy sandwich with Sydney accompanying me. We were both on leave and decided to spend some sisterly bonding time together off-work.

Latte break! Mine's the bunny 1 :)
Hanging out wt Sydney although both of us are on leave

After that, I dashed off to klpac to get my hair and make-up done.

Complete Make-Up Tools!! Pro, kan??










Fairuz and Zul were our super make-up artists who had to do 14 girls' hair and make-up everyday for our show. They were superb and really know how to glam us up rather than our regular day-today make-up or "make-up pergi pasar" as Fairuz put it. ;p

Fairuz, MUA #1
Zul, MUA #2

Work in progress
Work in progress

Voila!!! Ready for the stage










Whenever hubby or I am free, we went around papparazi-ing the girls. :)
Anrie DIY-ing her hair

Zul working his magic!

Our casts' baby getting her make-up done!
The beautiful Aliaa

Pretty Pooja even before make-up
Un-Guccified Freddy

Our soprano songbird Zoe!!
BB's turn for make-up!



After the performance, it's time for some meet-and-greet, chewah... macam stars konon tapi meeting family actually. So glad that my mom & my sis came and they enjoyed the show a lot!! A bit disappointed that dad didn't want to join them though. Some day I must do something more Chinese-ish and familiar, perhaps then he will come and support???
Family Photo!!!










It starts all over again tomorrow!! Do catch us before the end of the month... our last show in KL is on Dec 30th. Details?? Go here.

No comments: