Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

It's is my birthday!! My 34th birthday to be exact. yes, thirty-freaking-four! I feel like such a dinosaur.

This is going to be the year of discovery. Yes, I have arrived at that funny little milestone called the "mid-life crisis". I only plan to live to about 60++ so, yes... 34 is mid-life by my standards. I really can't wait for my 1-year sabbatical from the corporate world.

Is now too late for me to take an entirely new path for my career?? I have heard of people who had the courage to take the path less traveled after walking the "normal" path for a while. People like Linora Low and Mynn Lee who gave up their day-jobs when their inner entertainer / arts practitioner could no longer be suppressed. Now, they are both successful at what they do which is a cocktail of stuff related to the entertainment and arts such as radio-DJing, acting, producing...etc etc. Cool kan?? :) But both of them were definitely much younger than I am now when they decided to switch paths. How would an over-the-hill actress fare then?? My very first audition this year, and I was already told that I am not young enough to play the lead character... and too young to play the supporting roles since those were moms of the leads. @.@

This year, is my year of self exploration... exploring what excites me, inspires me, what drives me, and what keeps me going ... in or out of the arts. If things work out, I will be juggling the arts and my second passion (which I hope pays more than theatre kekeke) forever. If things do not work out, you will see me crawling back to the boring 'ol corporate world.

All the best to me... to the over-the-hill, 34 year-old, mid-life crisis ridden... but still-acts-like-21... one-and-only ME!!! Happy birthday!!
I am far far away.... weeeeee

No comments: