Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Take your passion, make it happen

The minute I announced that I wanted to take a year off for a sabbatical... I get "attacked" right, left, centre by people who try to recruit me into MLM or other MLM-esque businesses offering the promise of passive income. (Hmm, if it's so passive why are they actively recruiting me then? =.=") Passive Income... is the ultimate dream of many people I know. Free-flow of money... effortless, and you can spend your days in a "tai-tai"-esque manner in spas, cafes, travelling to exotic places without having to worry about money. It's the ultimate dream isn't it? The dream to have no needs, no stress, nothing to strive for.

However, for me... passion and obsession is an important ingredient in my happiness. Yes, I would love passive income but I still thrive on wanting something badly and working my ass off to obtain it. For me stressless-ness and having nothing to strive for, is like having nothing to look forward to. The loss of purpose and drive... boredom. I love the feeling of wanting something badly, and I love the feeling of getting that thing I want badly, even more. If I do not have anything I want badly, how can I get that thrill of getting the thing I want badly?? Confused yet?? ;-)

During this sabbatical, I would like to tryout everything and anything that I have always wanted to but was afraid to, did not have the chance to or does not pay the bills. I am an avid believer that passion is what drives excellence. If you love to do something so much that you would do it for free, you will do such a good job that people will pay you to do it... makes sense?


No comments: