Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back to school?

Been thinking of taking up an MBA for a long time now. Done a lot of research on all the MBA's offered locally and finally found one that caught my interest:



It is RM50,000!!! Plus, I wanted to take the option of the 3-week long electives module in UK... that's roughly around another RM15,000 for accomodation/flight/meals. Have always envied those people with rich parents who had the opportunity to study overseas with highly-regarded university names attached to their certs. After working for so long, I thought I can finally do this for myself.

How am I gonna come up with that kind of money?

Withdraw my EPF and top up the rest from my savings? And put off buying a house or starting a family anytime soon?
Cannot, Strathclyde did not apply for the local Lembaga Akreditasi Negara thingy... so EPF withdrawal not possible.
:(

My company offers an interest free loan to fund studies!! No need to touch my EPF, can save it for buying a home. Good news eh? I was so happy!! I even started filling up my application form and writing the essays.

Suddenly, I found out that the maximum repayment period is only 3 years. I can't afford high monthly payments as I have other commitments... so I can only borrow RM18K max. There's still another RM32K + RM15K short. My excitement was shortlived.

Now, can I really afford to do it??? :( :( :( :( :(...

No comments: