Friday, April 28, 2006

Seeking help in high places

I’m a very practical person by nature. Too practical sometimes, that I forget to use my birthright as a child of God and seek His help. Seeking Him has always been the last resort instead of the first. My rationale? God gave me a brain, a pretty good one too. So, it is my responsibility to put His gift to me to good use right?

However, I have come to realize that not everything can be solved by our humanly capabilities. There are several things in my life or in the lives of the people around me which I have been trying to change, or fix. I have tried my best humanly way possible to help make these changes possible. But, none of the 3 changes have come to pass, my strength and patience is wearing thin. And I don’t know how long can my heart hold up.

It is probably not within my power to change these 3 things. Therefore, I shall seek a higher Power for this. I really do not know what else I can do now. So from tomorrow onwards, I shall fast and pray for a week for these 3 things and on top of that, pray for my own faith and trust that they will happen, for my patience to wait for it to happen, and for emotional strength to follow through with this.

Let God’s will be done...

No comments: